Top 10 Tips for Mommies
Getting started with your Mommy Makeover in Los Angeles or Beverly Hills can seem overwhelming. We’ve compiled this helpful list of tips to get you on the right track.
Mom’s To-Do List
- Decide what you want to change the most. Pregnancy brings a lot of changes in your body, so focus on the areas you would like to change most. Many of our patients are concerned with their breasts and tummy, so they commonly choose to combine breast augmentation with a tummy tuck. Having a clear understanding of your concerns will help your surgeon identify the best treatments.
- Research your procedure(s) of interest. Start gathering information and learning about the benefits and risks of your procedure. The more informed you are, the more at ease you’ll feel with your choice.
- Check your expectations. It’s easy to think that plastic surgery will solve all your problems or make you look like a movie star. Although plastic surgery can improve your confidence and your appearance, it is not a magic wand. Understanding the limitations of surgery is essential for your overall satisfaction with your results.
- Research plastic surgeons. It’s shocking but true: any licensed physician can perform plastic surgery without having had any formal training in the techniques. That’s why it’s important to look for surgeons who have specific training and experience in the procedures you are interested in.
- Talk to your family. Telling your husband and children that you want to change your appearance can be a difficult step. Remember to be honest about your decision and emphasize the positive aspects of your transformation, such as increased confidence and a more positive outlook. Keep the discussion age appropriate, and focus on how surgery will change you for the better.
- Schedule your consultation. Set up a time to meet with the plastic surgeon you are interested in. You may choose to bring your husband or older children with you to the appointment to help ease their minds. The consultation is a time for you to ask questions and get a better idea of what plastic surgery can do for you.
- If necessary, schedule another consultation. It may help to meet with multiple surgeons until you find one who is a good fit. Experience, training, and credentials are important, but so is personality and bedside manner. Don’t settle until you find someone who meets all your criteria. Or, if you’re happy with a surgeon but find yourself with extra questions after your first consultation, don’t hesitate to schedule a second meeting. You should address all your concerns with your doctor before your Mommy Makeover.
- Crunch the numbers. Once you have decided on a surgeon, you should receive a quote regarding the surgical fees. Do some number crunching and see whether this fits into your budget. Marina Plastic Surgery offers different payment options to make your Mommy Makeover more convenient and affordable.
- Plan your surgery timing. Get out the calendar and pick a time where you can have 1 to 2 weeks to recover from surgery with no work. We know it may seem like an impossible task for busy moms, but it is essential for your health and to ensure your results. Be realistic and practical, and ask for help with the kids and household duties so you can rest and recuperate.
- Prepare for your recovery. Getting everything in order and taken care of before your surgery will help you rest and relax after your procedure. Pay your bills early, clean the house, go to the store, arrange for childcare, and make your house as comfortable as possible.
Patients For Life®
“I’m just your basic Midwestern housewife,” Andrea says. Then she pauses. “Well, maybe not so basic anymore.”
Read Andrea's Story
“I feel I have been given a gift. I’m a size zero or two. I have my body back, the body I had in my twenties.”
Read Julie’s Story
“I look fantastic in a bathing suit. I love buying new bras, and I look great in blouses. I feel pretty, not that I didn’t before, but I feel like I want to feel.”
Read Christy’s Story
“I would say if you’re seriously unhappy with your body, and it showed – I would say, ‘do it. ‘
Read Shelley’s Story
"Do it. If it’s going to make you happy. It will be life changing. I would do it 10 times over. I’m so happy – so pleased."
Read Betty’s Story
“I can’t tell you the difference it made in my life. I used to wake up and take Tylenol 500 first thing in morning because of the back aches.”
Read ’s Story